Leaving the construction site on the eve of a major project, construction manager Ivan Locke receives news that sends him driving the two hours from Birmingham to London, but even further from the life he once knew. Making the decision that he has to make, he then calls his wife, his sons, his co-workers and boss telling them the secret that he is bearing and trying to keep his job and family intact. But even more importantly, he will have to face himself and the choices he has made. 
- Tom Hardy as Ivan Locke
- Ruth Wilson as Katrina (voice)
- Olivia Colman as Bethan (voice)
- Andrew Scott as Donal (voice)
- Ben Daniels as Gareth (voice)
- Tom Holland as Eddie (voice)
- Bill Milner as Sean (voice)
- Danny Webb as Cassidy (voice)
- Alice Lowe as Sister Margaret (voice)
- Silas Carson as Dr. Gullu (voice)
- Lee Ross as PC Davids (voice)
- Kirsty Dillon as Gareth's wife (voice)
It was released on 18 April 2014 in the United Kingdom. On 25 April 2014 it opened in the United States. The film was released on Blu-Ray and DVD on 12 August 2014.
Rotten Tomatoes reports that 190 of 195 surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 7.7 out of 10. The critical consensus states: "A one-man show set in a single confined location, Locke demands a powerful performance – and gets it from a never-more-compelling Tom Hardy." The film has a score of 81 out of 100 on Metacritic based on 37 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".